Saturday, April 9, 2016

Celebrate!



Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week.




This is a super busy weekend, so this will be a short post, but today, I am celebrating authors. I was able to see Margarita Engle receive the Charlotte Zolotow Award for Drum Dream Girl. She spoke a bit about how the book came to be and afterwards, I got to get my book signed. Very fun.

Miranda Paul and Kevin Henkes were also there because Water is Water and Waiting were also two of the highly commended titles. I love hearing from authors and getting to meet them too. It was also nice to chat with other book loving people. I even met a twitter friend for the first time too. That all makes for a happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment