Ruth Ayres has a link-up on Saturdays where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every day. Here are some of my celebrations from the week in no particular order.
* School ended on a good note and we are off to our summer adventures. We had beautiful weather for our field day and our last day of the school year picnic also. There were hugs, smiles and lots of positive comments floating around our building.
* My daughter and I have just about finished all of the preparations and shopping for her trip to Japan this coming Monday. Shopping is not something that I truly enjoy, but it has been nice to spend time together before she leaves for a month.
* The paperwork is wrapping up for our exchange students. We will have a Japanese student coming to stay with us when my daughter returns from Japan and she will stay for about a month. We also have a South Korean student coming at the end of July. He will stay with us for the whole school year. It's tedious to take care of the papers, but it is also a bit exciting to think about the visits.
* My husband is having a birthday and we are celebrating Father's Day too. So this means special dinners and cake and fun food. It also means time together as a family before our daughter leaves.
* I am getting focused on my running. I am signed up to run in a RAGNAR race. I am part of a team of 12 women who will run in a relay format from Winona to Minneapolis (204 miles). We are about 9 weeks out so training is starting to get serious now. I love to have something motivating me to work just a little harder.
I hope you have lots of celebrations in the coming week.