Monday, November 25, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading?



It's Monday! What are you reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys. Jen Vincent over at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee Moye from Unleashing Readers decided to put a children's and YA spin on it and they invite anyone with an interest to join in. You can participate by creating your post then visit one of their sites to add your site. Finally, visit at least three participant blogs and comment to spread the love.

If you want to know more about what I am reading, visit me at my Goodreads shelf. Images via Goodreads unless otherwise noted.

I am still in the midst of #NaNoWriMo and that cuts into my reading time a lot. I didn't read much this week, but they were all five star books.

The Past Week
Picture Book


I loved the original Marisol McDonald book and this one was equally fun. I am looking forward to sharing both with my students and then having a Clash Bash of our own.

Non-fiction 


This is a fascinating story of how one person can make change happen in the world. Kate Sessions managed to changed the whole look of San Diego. The illustrations were great and since I have been to San Diego it was interesting to see how it came to be the way I know it now.

Middle Grade Novel


I was very excited to have the chance to read Seven Stories Up through NetGalley. I will write a review later, but it was a fantastic look at family interactions. Like Bigger than a Breadbox, this too has elements of the fantastical within everyday situations. Loved it.

The Coming Week:
I started reading a non-fiction digital ARC called Chitchat which is a book about languages, but my ARC won't let me back in. If it does, I will finish it. The other book I know I will be reading is Diverse Energies. That will be a re-read for me. I originally read it as an ARC, but did not review it at the time. Now I have purchased it and will review it for Rich in Color later this week. Otherwise, I am looking forward to finishing NaNoWriMo at the end of the week so I can have plenty of time to read the Nerdy Book Club Award Nominees next week. What will you be reading?


4 comments:

  1. One of the GatheringBooks ladies used to live in San Diego, I shall have to let her know about The Tree Lady. Marisol McDonald looks really cute! Thanks for sharing all this! Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tree Lady is a title I am really looking forward to. I think it is a book that I will buy as it is one to share with my students - I can see it taking time to read and discuss. Love the cover! I'm looking forward to reading these Nerdy Nominees as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Carrie. There's been a lot of buzz about Tree Lady. I think you'll enjoy it.

      Delete