Sunday, November 10, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading?



It's Monday! What are you reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys. Jen Vincent over at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee Moye from Unleashing Readers decided to put a children's and YA spin on it and they invite anyone with an interest to join in. You can participate by creating your post then visit one of their sites to add your site. Finally, visit at least three participant blogs and comment to spread the love.

If you want to know more about what I am reading, visit me at my Goodreads shelf. Images via Goodreads unless otherwise noted.

I am in the midst of #NaNoWriMo and am just going to post the covers without commentary this week. Hopefully I will have more time next week.

The Past Week



The Coming Week:
I just started Two Boys Kissing today and will be re-reading Diverse Energies to write a review for Rich in Color. I will also be reading Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning: Classroom Practices for Student Success. Other than that, my time will probably be taken up with #NaNoWriMo and a conference on Culturally Responsive Practices. Have a great week of reading!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal, I just added The Snatchabook and Tea Party Rules to my library order. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Snatchabook is really old-fashioned and sweet. Tea Party is super fun. I think you'll enjoy them.

      Delete
  3. Hi there Crystal, I bought a copy of Two Boys Kissing a few months back, thank you for reminding me about it. I should get to that soonest. I miss Levithan's crisp and witty narrative. I also have a copy of 13 reasons why by Asher that I haven't started reading yet. I assume that The Future of Us is a later novel? I should catch up soon. Have a great reading week, Crystal and good luck on Nanowrimo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went into Two Boys Kissing expecting some of that humor. Not so much humor there, but still a fantastic book. I think The Future if Us is later. Lighter than 13 Reasons too.

      Delete
  4. I have heard great things about SNATCHABOOK. I really want to read it! I will have to put a hold on it at my library. I also really need to get to ALLEGIANT. You are reminding me of how many books I need to read! :oD
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete