Sunday, November 3, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading?



It's Monday! What are you reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys. Jen Vincent over at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee Moye from Unleashing Readers decided to put a children's and YA spin on it and they invite anyone with an interest to join in. You can participate by creating your post then visit one of their sites to add your site. Finally, visit at least three participant blogs and comment to spread the love.

If you want to know more about what I am reading, visit me at my Goodreads shelf. Images via Goodreads unless otherwise noted.

The Past Week
Early Chapter Book


I loved this second book in the Anna Hibiscus series. She and her family make me happy. They are so connected to each other.

Young Adult


Loved If I Ever Get Out of Here and will review it later. Lewis walks the line between two cultures trying hard to stay true to himself. Fangirl was a fun dip into fan fiction and romance.

Non-fiction


I got a copy of this book from Tamar Rydzinski (@trydzinski) in a giveaway for #NaNoWriMo. It was a quick read with many good tips for novel writing. It was helpful as I prepared to begin. Some of it was pretty funny too. 

The Coming Week:
I am listening to The Future of Us which is certainly an interesting concept. I am also reading Allegiant,  but I am not sure that I will get much reading done besides finishing those as #NaNoWriMo is pretty time consuming. What will you be reading this week?



12 comments:

  1. Second review of Fan Girl today - I shall have to find this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even being well on her way with middle grade chapter books, my youngest is charmed by the Anna Hibiscus books. Very sweet. Good luck with NaNoWriMo--very ambitious!

    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am going to have to read the rest of the Anna Hibiscus books too.

      Delete
  3. I am reading Allegiant now. I feel like I have to rush through it to avoid hearing spoilers. So far I have avoided them. Fangirl is up next. Good luck with your busy week! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1J6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I started Allegiant even though I don't really have time. I am worried I will hear something.

      Delete
  4. There seems to be a lot of love for Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl, I heard that it's quite different from Eleanor and Park which is a great thing. I have yet to read her novels, but I'm excited. :) Good luck with Nanowrimo! It sounds like a lot of work but fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out that Fangirl was a NaNoWriMo novel. It was fun to be reading it right before starting a new writing adventure.

      Delete
  5. I have seen this Anna Hibiscus series and would like to read it. Think many of my little readers would enjoy it. I have got to get to Allegiant but have so, so many books on my TBR pile! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with that TBR. I think I am hovering around 1,000 on my list. Eeek!

      Delete
  6. It's so weird that despite the fact I enjoyed Eleanor and Park so much, I have no desire to read Fangirl at all. Oh well, at least, it's one book less that will make it on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fangirl is a totally different book. I wasn't actually looking forward to it that much based on the summary. I almost gave up on it, because it has a LOT of fanfic in it, and that isn't something I usually read, but it was ultimately fun. Not a life changer, but fun.

      Delete