Saturday, May 19, 2018

Celebrate Meeting Authors!


Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week and I appreciate the community we have through this link-up.



This month I got to meet two authors - Aaron Reynolds and Maureen Goo. Both events were fabulous and had me laughing. It's so fun to hear about the writing lives of authors and learn more about the stories they share in their books. Families from our school also attended the Aaron Reynolds event so it was an extra joyful experience watching them interact with him. Their belly laughs were filling the room.

Looking at the pictures together now, it appears that I like stripes. ;)

3 comments:

  1. The big smiles speak of great joy of meeting over books. Fabulous events filled with laughing - I wish you more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to link up with our community each week, Crystal. Meeting authors is great fun. I had Gae Polsner at our literacy council's celebration on Friday. She greeted us with a dominant hand that was wrapped in a cast for three broken fingers. Despite her discomfort she delivered a beautiful, genuine presentation for all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so fun to meet authors. No wonder you're smiling big in each pic (and wearing your stripes with pride).

    ReplyDelete