Monday, January 30, 2012


I hardly have a moment to breath much less type up a post, but I am going to rush through it in light speed and get back to my other work.

This past week was a slow week for novels, but a really quick week for picture books.  I was tearing through those.

Newbery Challenge: This week I finished Tales from Silver Lands and Shen of the Sea.  Neither of which will be living in my heart forever.  Enough said.

Caldecott Challenge: Nine Days to Christmas and They Were Strong and Good were also not high on my list unfortunately.  I liked Nine Days to a certain degree, but They Were Strong and Good had some serious problems culturally.  It really showed how far children's literature has come.

Best Book of my Week: Wonder by Palacio - the characters were fantastic and she did a wonderful job with the changing points of view.  Loved it.

For the rest - a list.
Big Wig - fun facts about hair - a Nerdy Nominee
Flying Beaver Brothers and the Fishy Business - fun graphic novel
Worst of Friends - a little fiction in with what looks like a non-fiction book
Tales for Very Picky Eaters - hilarious early reader
Babymouse the Musical - all-time favorite Babymouse
Babymouse Cupcake Tycoon - cute
Race the Wind
The Clever Boy and the Terrible, Dangerous Animal
It's a Big World Little Pig!
See Me Run - very cute
The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind - excellent non-fiction
The Man in the Moon
Time to Sleep, Sheep the Sheep
Mustache
Dinosaur vs the Potty - hilarious and pretty adorable
Pinkalicious, Purplicious, and Goldilicious - now I know why they keep checking it out - fun stuff
Starry Night Hold Me Tight
Love, Mouserella

This coming week I am finishing Sparrow Road and will just be reading a hodgepodge of Newberys and Caldecotts while having fun with lots of random books too.


No comments:

Post a Comment