Monday, August 17, 2020

It's Monday! What are you reading?

It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!


Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you go to my Goodreads account, you can see what I have read recently & click on the books to learn more.

Last week on the blog: 

Last week in reading:

I've been catching up on a lot of ARCs this past week so I zipped through quite a few books to get them reviewed. I feel the school year looming and had a lot of digital ARCs waiting for me. 

Measuring Up (Oct. 27) is a delightful graphic novel featuring a young Taiwanese girl whose family moves to Seattle. She misses her grandmother a lot and much of their time together had been spent with the preparation of food. She learns about herself and others as she does a huge amount of cooking. For realistic graphic novel fans, this will be one they won't want to miss. 

As with many books dealing with food, there is something to make and there is a video lesson online. I just had to try it out.

 

I'm hoping to get some books in from the library so it will all depend on what arrives. I still have several ARCs to read too. Happy reading. 

Reading Challenge Updates: 
#MustReadin2020 - 25/36
#YARC2020 - 48/55
Muslimshelfspace - 20/30

2 comments:

  1. So many are cooking all kinds of new things so I imagine teens would love Measuring Up, Crystal. I have some of the books on my TBR list, & noted the others. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of ARCs and I also am starting to feel like I should wrap up all (or many) of mine before school starts. Lots of great books for me to look for, thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete