Monday, September 23, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you go to my Goodreads account, you can see what I have read recently & click on the books to learn more.

Last week in posts:
Last week in books: 
 

My students adore slime and slime books so I grabbed Karina Garcia’s Next-Level DIY Slime to see if I should get it for the library. I will be putting it on my order list. My Jasper June was really so well written. I was totally sucked in and felt so many emotions. Sheets was an interesting graphic novel that will likely be popular. What Girls Know is a tough, but very good novel memoir in verse. See my review above for more info. The Collected Works of Gretchen Oyster was a clever and quick read. I loved the collages and the bit of mystery it holds.

Finally, Strange Birds: A Field Guide to Ruffling Feathers was a great middle grade book about friendship and activism. It also has some food references. There's a Chips and Chips recipe at the end that's basically chocolate chip cookies with crumbled potato chips on top. I had to make them and they are really yummy.
  
The Coming Week:


Reading Challenge Updates: 
Goodreads Challenge 2019 - 727/550
Diversity on the Shelf 2019 - 257/275
#MustReadin2019 - 21/30

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed My Jasper June, too! and Strange Birds: A Field Guide to Ruffling Feathers is a brand new title for me. I'm adding it to my list. We love chocolate chip cookies from scratch, but can't say we've come across one with a potato chips topping! LOL Have a great reading week, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to get a copy of My Jasper June as well, and I agree that Sheets looks like it is going to be popular as well. Thanks for all the great shares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your cookies on Twitter, very fun! Lots to go on my list, Crystal. I guess Jasper June is one I should read soon, but the others sound good to! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing amazing on your reading challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read so many good reviews about My Jasper June that I've added it to my tentative must read list for next year. Thanks for your review of What Girls Know. I think I will have to suggest it as a purchase for my library system.

    ReplyDelete