Monday, September 24, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to know more about what I've been reading, visit my Goodreads shelf.

The Past Week on the Blog:
The Past Week in Books: 
Kinders - Hello Hello by Brendan Wenzel
First grade - I am a Cat by Galia Bernstein & Uno, dos, tres by Pat Mora
Second Third & Fifth grade - Dreamers by Yuyi Morales
Fourth grade - Neymar by Mina Javaherbin


I read an excellent adult memoir, The Song Poet, by the author of The Latehomecomer. She's the author that came to a nearby university earlier this month. Her writing is beautiful. She had me crying again.

The other three books were much more lighthearted and I thoroughly enjoyed them. You Know Me Well and My So Called Bollywood Life (on my #MustReadin2018 list) were both sort of romantic comedies. Drum Roll, Please was a great middle grade summer music camp story.

 
The Coming Week: I'm reading Bruja Born in preparation for Zoraida Córdova's author visit in a neighboring town next week. I also have ten more books checked out from the library, but I'm not sure which ones I'll get to next. Happy reading!!

Reading Challenge Updates: 
Goodreads Challenge 2018 - 495/800
Diversity on the Shelf 2018 - 151/300
#MustReadin2018 - 19/30

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited Yuyi Morales is coming to the store next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s awesome! I got to hear her once in Madison. She’s so wonderful

      Delete
  2. I've gotta get a copy of Drum Roll, Please. It looks so good and I'm teaching a music class where we will be talking about the inclusion of children's literature in the elementary music classroom. I must add this title to my list. Thanks for sharing, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My So Called Bollywood Life has been on my list for quite some time. You reminded me I need to bring it home from my office to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Song Poet is one I'll look for, Crystal. Thanks for that and others, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Song Poet looks so interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete