Monday, September 3, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to know more about what I've been reading, visit my Goodreads shelf.

The Past Week on the Blog:


The Past Week in Books: 
I've read quite a few picture books for the award committee I'm on. I also re-read The First Rule of Punk and Piecing Me Together. These are two books I have now read three times each. I love them so much. I was happy to see them on our adult Battle of the Books list. We have our competition in two weeks and it will be fun to talk about great books with each other. I'm almost finished with An American Marriage. One word - intense. It's also on our list.

Charts ready to fill in with our read alouds.



The Coming Week: I'm re-reading Birchbark House (also for the competition) and will likely revisit some of the others on my list. I'll also be reading my #classroombookaday books as school begins again. If you checked out #classroombookaday, started by Jillian Heise, you can find more information here. Have a great week!

Reading Challenge Updates: 
Goodreads Challenge 2018 - 431/800
Diversity on the Shelf 2018 - 137/300
#MustReadin2018 - 18/30

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I'd love to re-read The First Rule of Punk -- I just loved Malu!! And I've been very curious about An American Marriage. I'll have to wait to hear your thoughts on this one since I'm extremely selective about the adult titles I give my time to. LOL Hope you have a wonderful reading week, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read First Rule of Punk for the first time. I do have it from the library right now but haven't gotten to it yet. I am in the middle of Piecing Me Together right now--so good! I am doing #classroombookaday with my preservice teachers and really enjoying having a reason to read picture books out loud a couple of times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piecing Me Together is on my list of books to reread this week! I am teaching it next week. :)
    I love the read-alouds charts! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great chart! A read aloud chart looks absolutely inspired. I should mention that next time when I do workshops.

    ReplyDelete