Sunday, December 14, 2014

Celebrate!

Discover. Play. Build.

Ruth Ayres has a link-up on Saturdays where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week.

Here are things that I celebrated this week:


* We started to relocate and downsize our library the day before Thanksgiving break and we finished early this week. The job was huge, but we're very happy with the results.


* Experiencing The Hour of Code with my students is a treat. It's exciting to see them figure things out and then help each other.

* We got a box of lebkuchen and other treats from Germany and they are so yummy.

* I enjoyed participating in the Nerdy Book Award nominations. It's so fun to look back on favorite titles from 2014.

* Watching and hearing my daughter sing The Messiah with the local university choir was a fantastic experience. The orchestra and choir sounded fabulous and put us in the holiday mood.

* My daughter and I also went to see the Nutcracker. It was special because we know the young woman that danced the part of the Sugar Plum Fairy. We had a lovely evening together.

I hope that you had some wonderful celebrations in your week!

2 comments:

  1. Seeing The Nutcracker is special, but knowing the Sugar Plum Fairy is moreso. I last saw it with my grandson several years ago. In the spirit, like seeing the Messiah with your daughter, too, Crystal. That is very nice. Glad you got the library settled into its new space, & that you won't have to do it on break! Have a very happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have happy memories of going to see The Nutcracker with my mom when I was a teenager. Congrats on finishing the library redo--what a project!

    ReplyDelete