Monday, November 17, 2014

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys. Jen Vincent over at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee Moye from Unleashing Readers decided to put a children's and YA spin on it and they invite anyone with an interest to join in. You can participate by creating your post then visit one of their sites to add your site. Finally, visit at least three participant blogs and comment to spread the love.

If you want to know more about what I am reading, visit me at my Goodreads shelfImages via Goodreads unless otherwise noted. 

The Past Week: 


I am about to leave for a National Novel Writing Month gathering, so don't have much time. My favorite book of the week was Waiting is Not Easy! I totally agree with that sentiment and love the expressions on Gerald's face as he goes through the torture of waiting. Betsy-Tacy was a nice old-fashioned story, but I wasn't wowed. I would have enjoyed it when I was a child, but it was a little slow for me as an adult. The Hug Machine was pretty adorable. I got Bramble and Maggie from the publisher and will review it soon.

The Coming Week:
I'm reading Foreign Gods Inc., but that is slow going. I am also finishing up Hunt for the Bamboo Rat and will be reviewing it later this week on Rich in Color. It's a very interesting piece of historical fiction. Beyond that, I will likely read some more picture books since it's picture book month. I hope you have a great week of reading.




6 comments:

  1. Waiting is Not Easy was a fun book! I expect nothing less from Mr. Willems! I loved Fall Leaves, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hug Machine! I wish those actually existed :)
    Hope you liked Bramble & Maggie. I thought it was a sweet book, and I passed it directly to a friend of mine with a 4 year old who LOVES them.
    New E&P book?!?! I can't wait!

    Happy reading this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read Waiting is Not Easy to my class today. So, so great. They adore Elephant and Piggie. I think I could follow them to high school and read Elephant and Piggie and they would still adore these titles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just picked up Waiting is not easy from Kidsbooks today. Alas it is packed in the trunk of my car, waiting to be taken in to school tomorrow. I just wish I could find some star war books that charming for those little K boys to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I loved Waiting Is Not Easy! I second what Carrie says about older "kids" loving the series--my college students are obsessed with Elephant & Piggie! I read Betsy-Tacy as an adult too and felt the same way--certainly a good book, but would have been more enjoyable to me as a child reader. The cover of Fall Leaves is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much picturebook love! One day I'm going to own all the Elephant & Piggie books! :)

    ReplyDelete