Friday, March 28, 2014

Poetry Friday

Piles of Poetry is one of the posts that I put together over on Rich in Color. The post was about some great diverse young adult poetry including this spoken word poetry from the Spoken Word Team from the Santa Fe Indian School.


Another form of poetry is in music. This is another fantastic poetic experience from Tall Paul.


April is a time when many of us think about and read poetry. What are some of your favorite poems or poetry books? My favorite recently was What the Heart Knows: Chants, Charms and Blessings.


I am looking forward to reading How I Discovered Poetry by Marilyn Nelson for Poetry Month. 


Here is an NPR interview with Marilyn Nelson. It sounds like an amazing book.






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I need to get that Marilyn Nelson book -- I've heard so much about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just fell in love with What the Heart Knows. So much beauty there. And so much light, it's radiant! Thank you for sharing the Marilyn Nelson book - first I'm hearing of it. Will be on the lookout for it.

    ReplyDelete