Monday, June 28, 2021

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Square that says #IMWAYR It's Monday! What are you reading?It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to see more of my reading, visit my Goodreads shelves here


Books I've Read Recently: 
I read a playful picture book The Whole Hole Story which I will review here tomorrow. 

I also read the YA poetry collection Somebody Give This Heart a Pen. I looked for it after watching an excellent interview with her from Candlewick as part of their Black Creators Series.  

In Search of Safety: Voices of Refugees was pretty incredible. I appreciate hearing accounts of refugees willing to share their stories. 

In adult reading, I enjoyed Gray Hair Don't Care which is a rom-com. For a book club I also read Summer of '69 which was a family story set in the year of my birth. It was an interesting story by itself, but the time period made it even more intriguing to me. 

The Coming Week: I am still making my way through Alta California. It's not super compelling, but it does have a lot of information about the California coast and since I've been to many of the places or have heard of them, I like finding out more about the areas. I'll probably keep working through it, but I'm not quite halfway finished. I also picked up Arsenic and Adobo from the library hold shelf after hearing the the author interview on Books and Boba so will likely get started on that. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment