Monday, February 10, 2020

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you go to my Goodreads account, you can see what I have read recently & click on the books to learn more.

On the Blog:


Last week in books:

Grace Lin's Mulan prequel Before the Sword was reminiscent of Where the Mountain Meets the Moon and was an entertaining adventure. Exit West  is a surreal look at refugees and immigration. The story is very unique and is definitely thought provoking. I read it because it was a book on The Stacks podcast. Several of the picture books were award winners. The Book Rescuer, The End of Something Wonderful, and Love and the Rocking Chair, The President Sang Amazing Grace, Muslim Girls Rise were some of my favorites.

The Coming Week:
I'm reading How to Be an Antiracist, Let's Make Ramen and I'm listening to"All the Real Indians Died Off." I also need to read How to Be Good for book club. Have a great week.

Reading Challenge Updates: 
#MustReadin2020 - 9/36
#YARC2020 - 11/55

5 comments:

  1. I've added Before the Sword to my list. My library has it on order, but my reading life is already so full. I read Exit West a few years ago and was impressed by it. All the Real Indians Died Off looks like an important read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last week in books is so cool.. I am going to check some of those for sure at our library..

    ReplyDelete
  3. How to be anti-racist has been popular at our store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish one of my local libraries had a copy of The President Sang Amazing Grace, but no luck so far. I've also been hearing great things about How to Be Anti-Racist. So I just put it on hold, today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's Not All Rainbows was kind of interesting and not what I was expecting. I just got a copy of Pippa Park, and I will maybe give that one a try too. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete