Monday, February 25, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to know more about what I've been reading, visit my Goodreads shelf.

Last Week:
Classroombookaday


Reading at Home

It's me again - the one with the sprained wrist. I just spent time scraping ice off of my window (another winter storm) so am trying to keep this short. Loved my reads this week and would recommend all I read at home. Sweep is fabulous. The YAs were fun and the nonfiction thought-provoking.
The Coming Week: 

I've started We Are Here to Stay and have some great books waiting at the library. I also just ordered The Weight of Our Sky. Happy reading!

Reading Challenge Updates: 
Goodreads Challenge 2019 - 66/550
Diversity on the Shelf 2019 - 45/275
#MustReadin2019 - 13/30

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you loved Sweep. That one has stuck with me. Hope your wrist heals well, Crystal! It's so difficult to manage without its use. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Sweep, too, Crystal. I just got Hands Up! from the library, looking forward to reading it. And I own Ruth and The Green Book, used it with my students to show what was our history, glad it's no longer. Thanks for all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that Sweep worked for you. I want to read all the books in your book a day image! Thanks for mentioning We Are Here to Stay. That one is now added to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I had not heard about your wrist! Be careful and heal quickly!
    Definitely hearing about RUTH AND THE GREEN BOOK! I need to find it....

    ReplyDelete