Sunday, March 25, 2018

Celebrate!


Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week and I appreciate the community we have through this link-up.





This week I'm celebrating the youth in our country and around the world. They are inspirational and are proving they have a voice and aren't afraid to use it. Children as young as 11 were up there in front of thousands of people to share their thoughts and opinions. Earlier this week my fourth graders and I listened to one of Malala's speeches and talked about activism. I'm looking forward to seeing what the youth will do to make this world a better place. I'm energized and hopeful as these young voices are refusing to be ignored.

6 comments:

  1. The children who are speaking up deserve a huge celebration. Such inspirations. Such hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched all day, Crystal. I am hoping that the momentum will continue. I celebrate the marchers, including you, too! Thank you for going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These marches in so many places were awe-inspiring. I love that you are encouraging activism and helping your students learn about what their voices can do. Malala is a powerful example!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been so exciting to see the slicers who participated yesterday. Three generations in my family marched. Your sign is spot on - it is time for policy change. I'm so glad to see young activists leading the charge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The student march and the raising of their voice became a historic event, Crystal. Thank you for sharing with us the movement from your town.

    ReplyDelete