Sunday, November 13, 2016

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys. Jen Vincent over at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee Moye from Unleashing Readers decided to put a children's and YA spin on it and they invite anyone with an interest to join in. You can participate by creating your post then visit one of their sites to add your site. Finally, visit at least three participant blogs and comment to spread the love.

If you want to know more about what I am reading, visit me at my Goodreads shelf. Cover images via Goodreads unless otherwise noted.

Last Week in Books:

I am exhausted. This past week has been emotionally draining. I am concerned about our country's future. One of the ways I have been finding peace has been reading. The books above have brought laughter, smiles, and sometimes they have simply helped me escape. I'm not going to explain them all because - exhaustion.

This Week in Books:
I'm reading The Sun is Also a Star and Cloud and Wallfish. I also hope to start Stacey Lee's The Secret of a Heart Note. I wish you a wonderful week filled with great books.

Reading Challenge Updates:
Goodreads Challenge - 514/550
Diversity on the Shelf 2016 - 230/225 (goal = 50% of my books by and/or about POC)
ReadPOC Challenge - 156/125
#MustReadin2016 - 31/54

7 comments:

  1. I liked Cloud and Wallfish a lot, will watch to see what you think of The Sun Is Also A Star. Thanks, Crystal and hang in there! What a week-agreed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so many of us feel the same right now. We're turning to writing to help us process what's been going on, and help inspire us to take action in whatever way is right for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you... Every time I get on Twitter or turn on the tv... It's been hard.
    I loved Beholding Bee, some great lines in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beholding Bee is new to me...what a week, and there's more like it coming. Thank goodness for the escape books provide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also am a HUGE fan of Beholding Bee. Love to see it here. Oh, what a week indeed. I am in Canada and it has still been so hard and emotional. My soul aches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to Beholding Bee! I finished up When the Sea Turned to Silver this week also. I really appreciated that jump into a different world last week as well as the reminding of the power of story tellers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The consolatory power of literature...

    ReplyDelete