- I had an article published in School Library Journal about how to make a difference as a teacher librarian in the area of diverse lit. I am still pretty amazed that they let me write something for them. Seriously. I get a little giddy every time I think about it.
- After Zumba the other day most of the class members and our fabulous teacher went out to dinner together. There was much laughter. Time with them lifted me up and chased away any stress.
- Dia de los Niños was a fun day. We enjoyed Pat Mora's Book Fiesta in the younger grades and Yuyi Morales' books Just a Minute and Just in Case in the older grades in addition to sharing Putamayo music. We also had bilingual and diverse books on display and many were checked out. Teachers celebrated reading in their classrooms too. I also enjoyed hearing from my students about some of their favorite characters and books in the library in honor of School Library Month (some featured in the above video).
- The #WeNeedDiverseBooks campaign has been fascinating to experience this week. I wrote about it here.
- I get to listen to my daughter play the cello in the orchestra and the snare drum in the band for State Solo & Ensemble today.
- My daughter and I will be driving to the cities where we will visit a comic book store for Free Comic Book Day - our first time participating in this event. If there is time, we may stop at Birchbark Books and/or the library too.
- We will have dinner together and finish the evening with the Arbuthnot Lecture featuring Andrea Davis Pinkney.
It should be a full and rather wonderful end to the week. Have a great weekend!