|Design by Emily of Emily's Reading Room|
I am excited to be a part of Armchair BEA for the first time. Here is some info that will help introduce me and my blog.
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? My name is Crystal and I believe that I have been blogging since August 2011. I started the blog after participating in a class that was about creativity and I was looking for a way to express myself around what I loved - books. I had also run across a few challenges that were a bit easier to do if I had a blog: 10 for 10 and the Write Fifteen Minutes a Day Challenge.
- Name your favorite blog(s) and explain why they are your favorite(s). Because I am an elementary school teacher librarian, my favorite blog is Watch.Connect.Read by Mr. John Schu. He posts fantastic book trailers and stays current with #kidlit news. Another blog that I enjoy is Rich in Color where I am a co-blogger. It has been very cool to work together with other bloggers and I love the excuse to read diverse YA.
- What are you currently reading? I am currently reading Drowned Cities and Summer of the Mariposas.
- Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. In addition to reading, I run. My favorite race at this point is a half marathon. I have completed two marathons, but definitely like halfs better. I also love to interact with other teachers and librarians with the hashtag #runteacherrun. Unfortunately I am injured right now, but am looking forward to getting back to running soon.
- What literary location would you most like to visit? Here is a post with that answer. The post includes the top ten real and fantasy (most literary) places where I would like to read.