Sunday, February 19, 2012

Skype Visit to Romania

A few weeks ago I had the good fortune to be able to read with Cristina Milos's class in Bucharest, Romania.   I had a fantastic time with her students.  They were really sweet and listened so nicely.  I loved visiting with them and I hope to meet with other classes around the world in the future.  Reading aloud with students is a privilege and I can't think of many things I enjoy more.  Cristina made a video of our time together on their wiki.


Coming soon is another day for reading aloud.  LitWorld is promoting World Read Aloud Day.  Many other people and organizations are joining in to spread the word such as School Library Journal, Shannon Miller and John Schumacher at Change the World Story by Story and Donalyn Miller.  I hope thousands of people get involved and read aloud on Wednesday, March 7th.  I know I am looking forward to having authors Skype with our students, meeting other classes online, and even having our superintendent come to read with us.  It should be a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment