Sunday, December 18, 2011

Reading Stacks!

I am eagerly anticipating my winter break. Of course I want to spend time with my family, but I also have a plan - a reading plan. I have a stack of books from my own school library, a stack from the public library, and some from my son's high school too.  I have gathered them and ordered them from all over. Some from the public library are still yet to come on loan from many miles away. A lot of them are sitting in our office waiting for me to get out of school on Thursday and begin my winter reading break.  Here are some of them. Oh, and the knitting I hope to get to while I listen to a couple of audio books.



Not surprisingly, many of them are on my TBR list based on recommendations from Twitter friends. Some of them will also be read as a result of the Nerdy Book Club and in particular the very first Nerdy Book Club Awards. I tried to read many of the nominations before voting, but there were simply too many fabulous books to get through in a short time so now that I will have some extra time, I think I can catch up.

Next year, I hope to be better prepared.  This summer I signed up for the 2011 Reading Challenge, but half of the year was already gone.  This coming year, I will be in it for the whole year and so hopefully I will not be so far behind. I look forward to a fantastic year of reading and anticipate reading more books than ever before.

So I hope you are making your reading plans. I wish you many wonderful pages.

2 comments:

  1. I think my TBR pile is getting to be taller than my ABR (already been read) pile which is making me feel WAY out of balance! What to do, what to do? Well, the only thing I know to do is READ! Tomorrow is our last day so I can't wait to get started!!

    Shannon
    http://extremereadingandwriting.wordpress.com/
    http://6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're having a great time digging into that TBR pile! I got to finally start on mine officially today after school was dismissed.

    ReplyDelete