It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!
Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
If you want to see more of my reading, visit my Goodreads shelves here. The lists of the books in the images below may be found at Goodreads.
The Past Two Weeks in Books:
- Eyes that Speak to the Stars - gorgeous
- This Book is Not For You - will be great for class discussion
- The Life of Pura - a board book biography that has a surprising amount of information
- Climb On - a story of a parent and child and their hike through a distinctive setting
- Heartstopper (YA) - the whole series was relaxing & often made me smile - then I had to watch the series of course
- Rabbit Chase is a fun middle grade Indigenous retelling of Alice in Wonderland
- Silk (YA) is a super hero I hadn't met before, but I enjoyed getting to know her
- Operation Sisterhood was a delightful story of family and friendship and dealing with change
- New From Here is a story from COVID times that closely mirrors that of Kelly Yang and her children and I couldn't put it down
- Reawakening Our Ancestors' Line: Revitalizing Inuit Traditional Tatooing is an oversize book that could work as a coffee table book. It is filled with amazing pictures documenting an inspiring project that brought tattoos back to Inuit women.