Monday, July 25, 2022

It's Monday! What are you reading?

It's Monday! What are You Reading? information on this image is in the first paragraph on the blog.
It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to see more of my reading, visit my Goodreads shelves here

Last Week on the Blog: 
Want a Clue? (A booklist of YA mysteries)

Last Week in Books:


Yusuf Azeem is Not a Hero and Omar Rising were amazing middle grade books. Blur is a lovely book and I can't believe it took so long for me to get to this one. Minh Le and Dan Santat are an awesome pair. Scrap Metal Swan was a fun read about a river cleanup with community members and then they use things to create a work of art with things they collected. It reminded me of the cleanups they did on the Mississippi when I lived in Wi. Once I finished reading I found that the author was on the Mississippi. Cat Problems is hilarious. The cat is so frustrated stuck in the house, but there is a cute joke with a squirrel about that. I don't want to spoil it for anyone though. The cupcakes book was a little underwhelming, but I know there are young readers that love anything with cupcakes.

The Coming Week: I'm currently reading a cute YA rom-com My Mechanical Romance and will need to read something else for review at Rich in Color. Otherwise, I'm not sure what I'll be reading. Have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment