Monday, March 8, 2021

It's Monday! What are you reading?

It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you go to my Storygraph account, you can see what I have read recently & click on the books to learn more.

Last Week in Books:
Cover images for the books listed below.

I read quite a few picture books this week, but these are the four that were most interesting. You Might Find Yourself is done with collage and shows the different places and situations that one might find themself. School Days is a photographic collection of the daily activities of children at a school. I liked it because it seems like a great mentor text for a class to share about their day. Dads is another photo collection and this one shows the many ways dads interact with their families and how they may move through their days. There is a wide variety of cultures and ethnicities represented. I Sang You Down from the Stars is a gorgeous and loving book about what an Indigenous mother does to prepare for her new child. The author and illustrator are both Indigenous. 


I read and enjoyed the middle grade fantasy The Time of Green Magic for a book club I am in. Again for escape reading, I also read an adult romance - How to Fail at Flirting.  

The Coming Week: 
Book covers for books listed below

I'm still listening to Chlorine Sky and I am still reading the four books above Straight from the Horse's Mouth, Sisters of the Neversea, The Collected Works of Audre Lorde, and Cultivating Genius.  Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I Sang You Down from the Stars sounds lovely. Will look for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these books sound excellent, especially I Sang You Down from the Stars and The Time of Green Magic! Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to I Sang You Down from the Stars. Tasha Spillett wrote the Surviving the City graphic novel series that I loved. This one sounds much less traumatic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was pleasantly surprised by The Time of Green Magic. It was my first Hilary McKay book, but I've always wanted to read her Casson Family series (Elisabeth raves over it). Sorry for my belated visit, this week. I'll be checking in with you again very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete