Monday, October 5, 2020

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you go to my Goodreads account, you can see what I have read recently & click on the books to learn more.

Last week on the blogs:
Rich in Color

  


Last Week in Books:

This was a middle grade week for me. Geeks, Girls, & Secret Identities by Mike Jung was a fun superhero romp. I am going to be at Mike's book launch for The Boys in the Back Row this Tuesday. I realized I had read Unidentified Suburban Object, but not his first so this seemed to be the time to do it. 

Class Act was a digital ARC and I think it comes out this Tuesday too. I always worry about sequels, but I think I may have liked this one even more than New Kid. It was great to get to know Drew better.

A Thousand Questions is a really lovely book. Like the other two, friendship plays a pretty strong part in this story. I really loved this one and enjoyed getting to see Karachi through several perspectives. My fifth graders are going to meet Saadia Faruqi virtually at the end of the month so I was glad to get my hands on this ARC. It will also be available this Tuesday.

The Coming Week: 
I think I'm going to finally get to The Barren Grounds and I'll be re-reading David Yoon's YA rom-com book Super Fake Love Song to review at Rich in Color on Friday. Have a great week filled with reading.

Reading Challenge Updates: 
#MustReadin2020 - 28/36
#YARC2020 - 59/55
Muslimshelfspace - 24/30

3 comments:

  1. I loved and shared Class Act today, too, and hope Jerry Craft keeps telling those stories about Drew and Jordan and Liam. I'd love to get to A Thousand Questions, but it will be a while! Thanks, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that your students will be meeting Saadia Faruqi—A Thousand Questions sounds excellent! I'm super-excited for Class Act—my copy should show up in the mail soon! Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our copy of Class Act just came in Tuesday, so our boys are excited about that read aloud this month. A Thousand Questions is new to me, so I'm definitely adding that to my list. YAY! How wonderful that your class gets to have a virtual meeting with Saadia Faruqi! Thanks for all the shares, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete