Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Update and Goals


I have certainly read a few books this year. I'm no longer on an award committee, but I did join the children's literature committee for the Wisconsin State Reading Association. That requires quite a bit of reading too, so again, there were piles of books all over my house. I also read for reviewing over at Rich in Color. More piles. Clearly, reading is my favorite hobby.

I was participating in a few challenges. One was my own goal, which I exceeded mostly because of the committee I joined mid-year. Another was the Year of Reading Asian Challenge (YARC2019). For that I read 55 books. 

There were many here that I loved and am very glad to have read most of these. Darius is one of my all time favorites. Pie in the Sky has such an awesome cake recipe that I used twice. The story is also great. We had a great discussion of Patron Saints over at Rich in Color. Nina Soni is an excellent early chapter book. We had the author visit us many years ago and she is wonderful. I met the author of Symptoms of a Heartbreak in New York while I was there on vacation. So fun. I read Wicked Fox while in NYC. Loved it. Other Words for Home touched me. After visiting Japan, I Love You So Mochi was a fun way to revisit it in my head. Like a Love Story is an amazing novel and helps readers experience and learn about the AIDS crisis. So many of these books made an impression on me, but I have shared about them on the blog in the past. Any of them would be worth taking a look at if you haven't read them yet. It looks like YARC2020 is going to be a thing, so watch for it here and on Twitter.


I shared my favorite YA reads from 2019 over at Rich in Color a few weeks ago. 


I shared about my #MustReadin2019 challenge earlier this week. I ended with 27/30 read, so I was pretty happy with that. Ultimately, the last three were books I couldn't get through our library, but perhaps they will be available in the future.

I already made my #MustReadin2020 list and I look forward to getting started. 


I wish everyone an excellent year of reading in 2020. 

1 comment:

  1. You've got a great mix of titles to read in 2020. I found The Library Book to be very interesting. Stamped is on my list, too - I am going to read it very soon. Happy reading in the year ahead!

    ReplyDelete