Monday, July 16, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to know more about what I've been reading, visit my Goodreads shelf.

Korea







Japan








nErDCampMI








The Past Month in Life: I've been more than a little busy this past month. I traveled to South Korea and Japan, attended nErDcampMI, and visited family in Ohio. I have been reading throughout, but it's not been as focused and intentional as when life is a little more boring.
The Past Month in Books: Here are some of the books that stood out over the past month of reading.


 

I've been fortunate in getting my hands on some fantastic books. Many of the picture books were via Jillian Heise who again brought a ton of great picture books for us to look at during sessions at nErDcampMI. Do yourself a favor and get your hands on Yuyi Morales' Dreamers. It's gorgeous and the text is so relevant and lovely too. Zetta Elliott's books were amazing and wonderful. The two ARCs Zora & Me and Hearts Unbroken will get reviews later. Loved Unbroken. From Twinkle with Love was super fun.

The Coming Week: I'm reading Trail of Lightning and am loving it. I also have piles and piles of picture books to read. While I was gone many, many boxes came and I am swamped. Have a great week!

Reading Challenge Updates: 
Goodreads Challenge 2018 - 271/800
Diversity on the Shelf 2018 - 111/300
#MustReadin2018 - 17/30

8 comments:

  1. I am VERY much looking forward to reading Yuyi Morales' Dreamers! I'm so envious of your piles and piles of picture books. They crawl into our secluded town and many will have to be ILL'ed since I cannot purchase many on my budget. But I'll live vicariously through your piles! lol Have a wonderful reading week, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! You look like you're having a blast. Did you get your hair cut? It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you have been on exciting adventures Crystal.
    I appreciated reading your review of Give Me Some Truth. I enjoyed If I Ever Get Out of Here and plan to read this one some time this summer. Hopefully my own adventures won't get in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really excited to read Dreamers. Thanks so much for the extra boost in the recommendation. :) You are right--you have so many good books on the list this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Loved those travel photos! You look gorgeous! The Return looks really good, I will have to find that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't find The Return on Goodreads - could you let me know who is the author?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m back! :) Question: I see that The Deep is a companion book to Ship of Souls, so is SOS the beginning? Or could I start with The Deep? This series sounds so interesting!

      Delete