Monday, April 23, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 

It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to know more about what I've been reading, visit my Goodreads shelf.

Last Week on the Blog:

Last Week in Books:

It was a great week for books. The picture books were great for the most part. I love Alma, Black Girl Magic and What If for sure. Marlon Bundo was humorous & cute. Breaking News is all to necessary & does a good job showing children what to do in the face of difficult news.

I tore through all of the chapter books: Dread Nation, Sunny, Picture Us in the Light & Far From the Tree.

I especially enjoyed reading Sunny after driving with a friend to St. Paul to hear Jason Reynolds speak. He always inspires me to be a better teacher and human being.


When we went to St. Paul, we visited Red Balloon Bookshop. There I read some books and bought some books.

The Coming Week: 
I'm still reading Hillbilly Elegy. Happy reading to you!

Reading Challenge Updates: 
Goodreads Challenge 2018 - 88/800
Diversity on the Shelf 2018 - 53/300
#MustReadin2018 - 11/30

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this feels like a snapshot out of my TBR list. I'm so excited to get to these books very soon. I have Patina checked out right now, so sunny is next. Definitely envious of your getting to meet Jason Reynolds!! That almost never happens in my neck of the woods, since we're so secluded. Have a wonderful reading week, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous!!! Jason Reynolds is an author I really really want to hear and speak with!
    Almost all of your books on your read stack are in are in my to be read pile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny is so interesting because it is so different from the other books but just as brilliant.
    Thank you for introducing me to some new picture books that I now know I need to read.

    Happy reading this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you hear my teeth gnashing with jealousy over your getting to see Jason Reynolds? I am already fo far behind on my reading of his work....
    Many of these books are new to me, but the ones that are familiar are on my never ending to read list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture is absolutely precious. I keep on telling myself that I have to read Jason Reynolds soonest but I haven't gotten around to doing that yet! Will have to be firm in my resolve!

    ReplyDelete