Thursday, October 24, 2013

Preparing for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)


I successfully completed NaNoWriMo 2011 and 2012 (on the very last day). I had a hard time deciding whether or not to do it again, but a former student talked to me the other night about my very first novel and told me that I should do another one. She and a few girls from my school book club had asked for copies of it. They are the few that have read it. That tipped the scale in NaNo's favor.

Now that I have made my decision, maybe some actual planning is in order, but instead of outlining or even thinking of characters, setting or plot, I am gathering helpful quotes and links. I think this is procrastination at its best. :)

Writerly Quotes


Helpful Hints
Things you need in the first scene by Susanne Lakin

How to Create a Plot Outline in 8 Easy Steps from Glen C. Strathy

Are You Ready to NaNo? by Nephele Tempest

NaNoWriMo Etiquette via Errol

Advice for Making it Through NaNoWriMo via The Dirigible Plum

The book Little Red Writing



Motivators
Debs and Errol have some fun comics and videos to get you going or distract you or at least make you laugh. See a great example here:



Written? Kitten!

National Day on Writing - Write to Connect by Katherine Sokolowski

No comments:

Post a Comment