Monday, August 26, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you go to my Goodreads account, you can see what I have read recently & click on the books to learn more.

Last week in books: 

I guess I read a few books this week. Yikes. The Wedding Date was very definitely adult and was hilarious. It's a fun romance and it was perfect for summer. It's on our adult Battle of the Books list. There were many mediocre picture books and a few gems. My favorites of these were A Friend Like Iggy, Pilar's Worries (their cafeteria has pot stickers day!), Bitter and Sweet and One Dark Bird.

I enjoyed Permanent Record and will review it at Rich in Color later this week. I thought Lost at School was okay, but wish it had been better. I learned a few helpful things, but it had a few issues.

The Coming Week:
I am reading Twinchantment, Why Indigenous Literatures Matter, and Fruit of the Drunken Tree. I go back for in-service this week so might not have a lot of time for reading. Have a great week.

Reading Challenge Updates: 
Goodreads Challenge 2019 - 688/550
Diversity on the Shelf 2019 - 239/275
#MustReadin2019 - 21/30

3 comments:

  1. Wow Crystal, you sure did read a 'few' books. I appreciate your highlighting the gems. I'll be looking for a copy of One Dark Bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did read a lot, and thanks for sharing what you thought were the best ones, Crystal. I put them on the list! Have a good week starting back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I second Cheriee and Linda -- a "few books?" I love seeing what all you're reading. I'm definitely adding Pillar's Worries to my TBR list. And I sure hope we get One Dark Bird here, because I'd love to read it, too! Have a great week, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete