Monday, June 10, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to know more about what I've been reading, visit my Goodreads shelf.

Last Week on the Blog:


Last Week in Books: 

My favorite of these was I Love You So Mochi. It was adorable and fun, but also let me remember my trip to Kyoto last summer. The others were okay, but not super spectacular. The Future is Feminist has fonts in hot pink and gray and sometimes bright orange is the background for the gray and it all did a number on my eyes. It actually hurt sometimes. The writings were okay, but the format detracted. Field Notes on Love was cute and It's Not Like It's a Secret was also a love story, but not my favorite. Blood Water Paint was a great novel in verse, but I'm not so sure that it was historically very accurate. It made for compelling reading though.

The Coming Week:


I have a digital ARC of Hungry Hearts from Netgalley and am enjoying it. I'm also still reading The Happiness Trap. I picked up about 10 books at the library today and I have no idea which one I will get to this week, but it will be fun reading once I am out for the summer Tuesday afternoon. Have a great week!

Reading Challenge Updates: 
Goodreads Challenge 2019 - 165/550
Diversity on the Shelf 2019 - 100/275
#MustReadin2019 - 20/30
Year of the Asis an 2019 - 14/30

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if it's historically very accurate, either, but I thought Blood Water Paint was so beautifully written. I hope we get I Love You So Mochi here soon!! I'm not familiar with The Happiness Trap. I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts when you've finished. Have a great reading week, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Shaye have made me intrigued about Blood Water Paint now!
    I haven't read anything you shared, so obviously I have some reading to do!
    Happy reading this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am liking the look of Like A Love Story - interesting premise! :) Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Blood Water Paint & still need to read it, but now you've intrigued me, Crystal. I'll also look for I Love You so Mochi! Thanks for some new titles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many books on your list I want to read. I Love You So Mochi is there, but now I've added Like a Love Story. I remember how awful it was when so many brilliant lives were lost to AIDs. I wish coming out wasn't still so hard for some kids.

    ReplyDelete