Sunday, April 28, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to know more about what I've been reading, visit my Goodreads shelf.

On the Blog Last Week:


Reading Last Week:
I have an ARC of The Dark Fantastic from the publisher and will review it at Rich in Color soon. I went to a lecture that taught me about Aldo Leopold and so I looked for a children's book about him since we're learning about environmental literacy at school. Aldo Leopold's Shack was a nice way to learn about him and what he and his family did to restore land near Baraboo, WI. Mia Mayhem is a cute early chapter book superhero book. I read Ibtihaj Muhammad with my third grade students and we watched a brief video where she talked about her life. They - and I - find her sport to be pretty cool. The Music of What Happens had some good points and some not so good. The mental health rep isn't so great. The humor is excellent as always with Konisberg and the romance was nice. Another is a wordless book and I liked it because I always enjoy Christian Robinson's pictures, but I am not sure if I totally followed the story. Carl and the Meaning of Life is adorable. Dandy is a fantastic book. It's about nature and has humor and fun. I can't wait to share it and Carl with my students.
The Coming Week:

This week will be a surprise. I have no idea what I will be reading, but I'm sure there will be something good since I just got a huge order in at school. 


Reading Challenge Updates: 
Goodreads Challenge 2019 - 121/550
Diversity on the Shelf 2019 - 83/275
#MustReadin2019 - 20/30
Year of the Asian 2019 - 11/30

7 comments:

  1. I am really excited to read Love from A to Z. I loved Saints and Misfits when I read that. Thanks for sharing your reading week with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing such wonderful things about Love from A to Z. I'm hoping my college library will get a copy soon so I can devour it. Thanks for sharing, Crystal. Have a wonderful reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Aldo Leopold's Shack. Sand County Almanac is an old favorite of mine. I have Carl and the Meaning of Life, hope to share it soon and have put Love from A to Z on the list. Thanks, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved Dandy! And I just ordered Carl and the Meaning of Life from the library. Looks awesome and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Thanks for sharing and have a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got Love From A to Z and I'm looking forward to reading it - marvels and oddities!
    Loved Dandy and Carl, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the look of Love From A to Z. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. after reading your review of Love from A to Z, I checked my library and discovered it is on order. Hurrah! The Music of What Happens is another I just put a hold on.

    ReplyDelete