Sunday, March 18, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 

It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to know more about what I've been reading, visit my Goodreads shelf.

Past Week on the Blog:
 


Best picture books of the week were A Seed is the Start and They Say Blue. Big Little Lies is an adult fiction title. It was hilarious at times, but also had me crying. I'll review Everything Else in the Universe later, but it was a nice middle grade historical fiction.

The Coming Week: I'm still readng Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi and will be reading

Reading Challenge Updates: 
Goodreads Challenge 2018 - 58/800
Diversity on the Shelf 2018 - 33/300
#MustReadin2018 - 9/30

6 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal, Big Little Lies is on my for later list at my library. It's good to know that it's worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your Poet X review and now I'm hoping to get my hands on that one. Our college starting doing slam poetry a few years ago. I had never heard of it before then. I'll also be looking forward to reading your review of Everything Else in the Universe! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to read Big Little Lies, maybe someday? And Poet X will be one to read soon. I know you liked it a lot. I have They Say Blue, need to read! Thanks, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to read Poet X!!! Thank you for the review <3
    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have They Say Blue and The Poet X checked out from the library. Not sure if I'll get to Poet X before it's due but judging from your review I really need to try and get it read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed watching Little Big Lies but haven't had a chance to read my copy of the book yet. It was a thoroughly absorbing series played by wonderful actors.

    ReplyDelete