Sunday, February 4, 2018

Celebrating World Read Aloud Day


Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week and I appreciate the community we have through this link-up.

World Read Aloud Day!




This week was a lot of fun because we were celebrating World Read Aloud Day. Teachers were reading aloud with their students and/or having them buddy read. We also made a lot of connections for reading. I wrote about those on our school blog.  A few classes read with Matthew Winner and his classes. I was able to set up author and illustrator visits with seven of my classes too. This means that about half of our students were able to Skype for WRAD. I will work on connecting the rest of the classes with others sometime before the end of the year. I think I have just as much fun as the students when we are able to meet with people outside of our local community. It was also helpful because I had a cold and was not able to speak very well so having others read with us gave my voice a break. Kindergarten didn't have any Skype visits so we used Tumblebooks for our read-alouds. Robert Munch reads his own books and we were cracking up with him.

World Read Aloud Day makes my heart happy.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you went the 'extra mile' for your teachers, Crystal, & it made a wonderful week for students and teachers. Good for you! Glad it all went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful celebration of WRAD! I told a friend that I almost came to her house to read to her girls since it wasn't a day that I watched Jack. I used to love taking my middle schoolers to the elementary school for this special day!

    ReplyDelete