This month I've been trying to write down at least three things each day that brought me joy (a practice recommended in The Book of Joy). That means nowadays, I have notes for writing my celebrate post. The week started off well since our kindergarten students were able to have a Skype visit with Emily Arrow. We had a blast chatting with her and singing together. All through the week students were commenting on how much they enjoyed our visit. I think they'll remember it for a long time and it renewed their interest in some of the books we've read along with Emily's songs.
The Emily Arrow visit was the same day that my mother was in the hospital. Isn't it funny how highs and lows can be so close together?
Here are some of the things I appreciated this week:
- good report from the doctor for my mom
- making, eating, and sharing yummy baklava
- seeing snow sparkling in the light
- warm cheesy potato soup
- a package of sweets & tea from Brazil
- laughing with co-workers
- running again
- warm enough weather to actually walk the dog
- my youngest child turned 20 & we celebrated together