Sunday, October 8, 2017

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 

It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to know more about what I've been reading, visit my Goodreads shelf.

Last Week on the Blog:
Last Week in Books:
 
Warcross and Refugee were both books I could not put down. I lost sleep because of both. I stayed up way too late for them. Excellent storytelling.

After the Fall is quite a unique perspective on Humpty Dumpty. To get the backstory, check out the podcast with Matthew Winner and Dan Santat. This story comes from a very personal place.

I am up past my bedtime so I will just say you shouldn't miss I am Peace, When's My Birthday and if you enjoyed Leonardo the Terrible Monster, do grab Sam the Most Scaredy-cat Kid in the Whole World.

The Coming Week: I'm in the middle of The Handmaid's Tale for book club. I also started listening to They Both Die at the End. I also started reading Passionate Readers by Pernille Ripp. It should be a great week of reading.

Reading Challenge Updates:
Goodreads Challenge 2017 - 561/550
Diversity on the Shelf 2017 - 202/225 (goal = 50% of my books by and/or about POC)
#OwnVoices Challenge - 112/125
#MustReadin2017 - 21/24

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to the podcast about After the Fall. I couldn't remember where I heard about this interview. I just ordered Refugee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to read Warcross! I hope my hold comes in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Refugee as an audiobook was absolutely stunning! They Both Die at the End is queued up to be my next audiobook. It will be interesting to see what you think of it. Warcross is new to me, but I will sure look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read most of the books you mentioned, and they are great stories. I really can't wait to read Warcross!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Refugee is fantastic. And I cannot wait to read Warcross!
    I look forward to hearing about They Both Die. Also, I have Handmaid's Tale to read, but I just haven't picked it up yet.

    Happy reading this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really am super tempted to purchase Refugee by Alan Gratz - it still is not available in our libraries, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read They Both Die at the End. His career seems to be on fire!

    ReplyDelete