Sunday, April 30, 2017

Celebrating a New Home


Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week.


We Moved!!

Moving is an exciting and exhausting challenge. Three weeks ago, we started bringing all of the bits and pieces of our lives into a new shelter. On Easter weekend, we had our adult children home and we were all together under the same new roof for the first time. We started to make memories in this new home and my heart was full.


I'm not much of a TV watcher, but with fewer public spaces in our new smaller space, I'm exposed to it more, but that means sharing shows with all of my family members. We've relaxed together with Bob Ross, traveled with Neil deGrasse Tyson, and have experienced the antics of Dear White People. This cuts into my reading time, but has been a time of learning at least for me. 

The house was built in 1920 so there are many nooks and crannies along with some special touches like the sweet things hanging on light chains and a great laundry chute with doors upstairs and in the kitchen. 


I adore dropping things down the laundry chute. My grandparents had one and I remember dropping all manner of things down it as a child and running downstairs to see how it landed.



It's fun to set up reading areas too. We have two different sun rooms and both have comfy seating for reading. 


We've settled in for the most part, but there is so much more to arrange and unpack. I keep humming the song, "It's getting better all the time."


I'm sitting in our office at the front of the house looking out our beautiful old windows at the trees and the rain while celebrating this space our family shares now.

5 comments:

  1. What a great adventure... the photos are great. A laundry chute does sound like a fun thing to have! Your piano looks like mine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We had the piano tuned after the move and it's been nice to have everyone making music periodically.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new house! Love love the laundry chute and so many great reading spaces. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I admit to dropping more than my fair share of things down the chute already. I've also read in at least six different rooms. :)

      Delete
  3. One family member has a laundry chute, and the grand-girls adore playing with it. How beautiful your new home is. The yard looks great outside those wonderful windows. Different spaces are such fun to move in to. Best wishes, Crystal. I love your family picture too.

    ReplyDelete