Saturday, October 10, 2015

Celebrate

Discover. Play. Build.  

Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week.


This week I celebrate my children. Earlier this week my youngest was involved in a car accident. I won't post a picture of the car, but trust me when I say that it is amazing that there were no injuries. The front of the car was destroyed, the windshield shattered, and the roof even crumpled from the impact. Fortunately no other vehicles were involved.

The secretary at our school came to the library as I was finishing up with a class. She let me know that my child was on the phone and I needed to take the call immediately. The people I work with are fantastic. I left within minutes knowing that my classes were in good hands and I could just go do what I needed to do.

I have never been so glad to hug my child as when I pulled up on the highway next to the accident. I have tears just remembering how it felt. Seeing pieces of the car scattered on the road and knowing that the accident could have cost us our child, made it hard to think straight.

Last October, our son was hit by a car while riding his bicycle. We could have lost him then too, but fortunately he came out of it with minor injuries.

Our lives can change in an instant. We don't know how long we have with each other. We must really treasure all of the days we have with our loved ones. I'm so thankful that my children are still here in the world. There are not enough words to express how much I love them both. They are funny, loving, intelligent, and unique people. I am so very, very fortunate that I get to be their mom.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I remember when you son was hit by a car. Sigh. So glad everyone is okay. This is a wonderful reminder to hug our children extra close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord both of your children are OK and safe. I celebrate their lives with you today!

    Celebrate This Week post

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so very right, you need to cherish every moment because life can change in an instant. I am so glad your children have come through these accidents in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary moments for a mom to experience. So glad both your children weathered these accidents. It is so important to treasure and savor the times together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal, life is uncertain and fragile as you experienced with both of your children. God was watching over them and that is a gift.

    ReplyDelete