Saturday, October 3, 2015

Celebrate

Discover. Play. Build.  

Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week.


The past 24 hours has been filled with some great things to celebrate. Yesterday I was able to attend the The Cooperative Children's Book Center Advisory Board Meeting at UW Madison. In general, meetings aren't always exciting, but at the CCBC, we're talking about books, education, and literacy and meeting with colleagues who care about these things - so it's actually a good time. If you aren't familiar with the CCBC, they are a wonderful resource. They have excellent bibliographies and other resource lists available. They also offer Intellectual Freedom resources which include some helpful infographics.

After the meeting, I was able to read books for over an hour and then met up with my son for dinner. I love having time with him whenever I am able to visit Madison.

This morning was another treat. We were able to go to the Oktoberfest parade and see our senior march with the band. This is another of those lasts we'll witness this year. The weather was a little nippy, but the sun was shining and we had a nice time sitting and watching the parade.

When I got home, I was able to ride my bike to the library. Our town is sleepy on most Saturdays, but because Oktoberfest is going on just south of us, the ride to the library was super quiet. There was hardly any traffic. I could hear someone pounding in nails and leaves were rustling everywhere, but otherwise, there was hardly a sound.

Fall is not very long here in Wisconsin so we will have to enjoy it in the next few weeks. The leaves are changing and the temps are in the 50s and 60s for highs now. We are solidly in what I would call football weather. Pumpkin dishes and drinks are on all of the menus. Fall isn't my favorite season, but I appreciate many things about it like the leaves, the pumpkins, the brisk breezes and the sense of change in that air.

2 comments:

  1. Your CCBC meeting does sound good, Crystal. I'm glad you had the time with your son, too, and then Oktoberfest with the parade. Fall weather finally arrived here in Colorado, & I'm enjoying putting on some long sleeves! Have a good Sunday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fall is particularly lovely when it is bright and sunny. Sounds like you are having some great days.

    ReplyDelete