Saturday, May 24, 2014

Celebrate!


Discover. Play. Build.

Ruth Ayres has a link-up on Saturdays where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every day. Here are some of my celebrations from the week in no particular order.
  • We had our annual “Fun Run” at school on Friday. This is the one day a year I get paid to ride my bicycle. I get to ride my bike out in front of all of the students as they run a mile through the neighborhood. It's a lot of fun. After I lead the first runner back to school, I keep riding the route until everyone is back safe and sound. I rode the course at least five times. It was a beautiful, sunny day and it was warm, but not sweat inducing. Lovely.
  • Little things make me happy. I got an neon orange Zumba skirt with the jangly coins on it this week. It's even more fun to shake and shimmy when you are making noise.
  • It looks like I am going to get to have summer checkout this year. I will have the library open two hours every other week. Yay! It's the first time I have done it so I am not sure how it will go. I plan to have iPads out and have a short storytime along with checkout. I am hoping it is fun and more than that, I hope it will keep some students reading this summer that would skip it otherwise.
  • I am in Minneapolis this weeked for an Anime convention with my daughter and her friend. I've taken numerous walks from our hotel downtown. The weather is fabulous. It was so nice to sit by a water fountain eating my breakfast in the sunshine. I am also looking forward to visiting Birchbark Books this afternoon and meeting up with a Twitter friend.
  • I made a yummy rhubarb tart this week. It has a crust similar to a cookie crust, but is made of ground pecans instead. Mmmmmmm.

I hope your week was filled with lots of bright spots!

No comments:

Post a Comment