Monday, August 26, 2013

#BookBootCamp Mysteries and Thrillers

Cover image from Goodreads
Truth is always precious. But mysteries are part of life--a wonderful part. 
 -- from The Sixty-Eight Rooms


I love that #bookbootcamp is getting me to read books that I would normally skip. I tore through mysteries in middle school, but then have been sort of over them. I read the occasional mystery, but I purchase the mystery package from Junior Library Guild on purpose - since otherwise, I may overlook this genre.

Here are some of the Mysteries & Thrillers that were suggested 
for this month that I have read recently for this* or in the past:

                   
Young Adult
The Raven Boys
Code Name Verity
Grave Mercy
1st Gallagher Girl bk
Please Ignore Vera Dietz
Paper Towns
Down the Rabbit Hole
Speak
Monster

Middle Grade
Fake Mustache
Three Times Lucky
Liar & Spy
*The Sixty-Eight Rooms
When You Reach Me
*Theodore Boone, Kid Lawyer
Hold Fast
Gilda Joyce Psychic Investigator
*The Great Cake Mystery
1st 39 Clues book
Alex Rider
Silent to the Bone
Zora and Me
Flush
Chasing Vermeer
Riding the Flume
Trouble at Fort La Pointe
Holes
The House of Dies Drear
Humming Room
The Great Unexpected

Others I Would Recommend

Young Adult

Chopsticks
Cat Girls Day Off
The Eyre Affair
A Certain Slant of Light
Jellicoe Road
The Diviners
The Monstrumologist


Middle Grade

Capture the Flag
Hide and Seek
The Underneath
Doll Bones
The False Prince
A Tangle of Knots
Splendors & Glooms
Invention of Hugo Cabret
Wonderstruck
The Water Castle
Hidden
Horton Halfpott
Skeleton Man - Bruchac
Skeleton Creek
The Graveyard Book
Kepler's Dream
Hoot
Eye of the Storm



No comments:

Post a Comment