Monday, May 31, 2021

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Square that says #IMWAYR It's Monday! What are you reading?

It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to see more of my reading, visit my Goodreads shelves here


Books I've Read Recently: 
Three book covers. The first is One in a Million. There are several buildings with a lot of evening sky behind them. The second is Beach Read and shows a man and woman on beach towels and they are not facing each other. The third is Maybe Maybe Marisol Rainey and it shows a girl with dark hair among leaves along with a cat.

I slowed down on reading lately as we have a lot of change happening around us. I just drove to Chicago to spend the day there and then drop off our Korean student at the airport to go home. She's been living with us for the past three school years. It was hard to let her go this time as she will be heading to college in the fall and won't be with us. We had a great time in the city though. We are also preparing to say goodbye to our dog. He is sixteen years old and his body is just not able to keep going much longer. These are likely reasons why I picked up rom-coms again. 

I read two enjoyable adult rom-coms over the week. One in a Million is a cute My Fair Lady retelling. Beach Read is a fun one about two authors who are having trouble writing. They have a wager going with each of them trying to write in the other's typical genre instead of their own.

Maybe Maybe Marisol Rainey is an early chapter book about a young girl and her fear of climbing the tree in her backyard along with her day-to-day family and friendship interactions. 

The Coming Week: I'm still reading Alta California and have also started listening to Made in Korea. I hope you have a great week.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to your student and might have to say goodbye to your dog—that is a lot to deal with, but I'm glad books have been enjoyable for you during all this! I've heard a ton of praise for Maybe Maybe Marisol Rainey, and it sounds great. Beach Read sounds fun as well! Thanks so much for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to reading Maybe Maybe Marisol Rainey. I discovered that Sarah Suk lives in Vancouver Canada, so I'm even more excited about reading Made in Korea than I was when I first read about it. Thanks for the heads up about so many amazing book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal, I'm sorry about the goodbyes you're facing - what a difficult time this must be for you. :(

    I've had Maybe Maybe Marisol Rainey on my list, but just now noticed it's available through Libby. YAY! Previously, Erin Entrada Kelly has been hit or miss with me, but I do plan to dig into this one as it sounds absolutely perfect for reading with my 7 year old daughter. Thanks for the shares!

    ReplyDelete