Monday, December 21, 2020

It's Monday! What are you reading?

It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you go to my Goodreads account, you can see what I have read recently & click on the books to learn more.

Last Week in Books:

I finished Krik? Krak! this week. It was on my #MustReadin2020 list. It's a collection of related short stories by Edwidge Danticat. It was an emotional read for me. There's a lot of pain in these stories. Survival and family and love too, but a lot of pain.

I did read other books, but didn't make it all of the way through. I am reading another #MustReadin2020 title. This one by Angela Davis - Women Race and Class. The more of her work I read, the more impressed I am. This one is laying out the history of how these three things have been entwined in the U.S. 

The Coming Week: 
I started reading The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying. With a bit of a break this week, perhaps I will finish a few more books before my next post. I have The Summer of Everything through Overdrive and I just now got access to the Mind the Gap Dash and Lily. I may watch the series over break. I am also working my way through Star Wars: The Jedi Mind. I have my next #MustReadin2020 book too -- Janesville. We finished watching The Mandalorian and have considered watching the 9 major Star Wars movies over break. Not sure if I want to commit to that or not.  It would put a big dent in my reading time. I wish you a great week!  

Reading Challenge Updates: 
#MustReadin2020 - 29/36
#YARC2020 - 71/55
Muslimshelfspace - 27/30

4 comments:

  1. Both of the books you've read this week sound excellent! I keep meaning to watch The Mandalorian, but I've only had time for one episode of season 2 so far—practically every time I go online, there is some massive spoiler in an article headline. Sigh. (My iPad just autocorrected “Sigh” to “With,” so I guess it's checked out for the rest of the year as well.) I just watched and ADORED the new Netflix show based on the Dash and Lily books, so I should really go read the series! Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about the new Dash and Lily book & the series. I loved those earlier books! I will look for the other titles you mentioned. My list is long, but it's great to have a variety of books to read. Thanks, Crystal & Happiest of Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine is a massive Star Wars fan, and she and her bf have been watching the entire Star Wars filmography, in chronological order - quite the commitment! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're doing incredibly well finishing up more titles from you #MustReadin2020 list. I failed to make a list this year and I've been contemplating whether I'll have time to pull one together by next week. It's so fun participating in that community! We are now in season #2 of The Mandalorian. We've been watching it with our 15 year old and everyone's enjoying it. My apologies for an extremely late comment. I'm running a week late, apparently. LOL

    ReplyDelete