Monday, August 24, 2020

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you go to my Goodreads account, you can see what I have read recently & click on the books to learn more.

Last week in reading:
 
My favorite picture books of the above were The Ocean Calls, Saturdays Are for Stella, Going Up!, and Home in the Woods

The best middle grade for me was Serena Says

The YA that I enjoyed the most was the audio of Running via Libro.fm.

And finally, the adult memoir Men We Reaped was so fantastic I think I will re-read it in the future.

The Coming Week: 
I'm reading a graphic novel called A Map to the Sun and I started Super Fake Love Song. I have quite a long list of digital ARCs on my iPad so I will keep plowing through those like A Thousand Questions, Cemetery Boys, The Barren Grounds, Loretta Little Looks Back, Ciel, and Selfie. We'll see what I get to though because we are starting our professional development days this week so I'll be pretty busy. I wish you an awesome week of reading.

Reading Challenge Updates: 
#MustReadin2020 - 26/36
#YARC2020 - 49/55
Muslimshelfspace - 21/30

2 comments:

  1. I noted all the books that are favorites, Crystal. Wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have added Men We Reaped to my list. I am a Jesmyn Ward fan.

    ReplyDelete