Monday, March 23, 2020

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you go to my Goodreads account, you can see what I have read recently & click on the books to learn more.

On the Blog:

Last week in books:

It's been quite a week as we transitioned to students learning from home. I read the adult fiction book Royal Holiday as a fun romantic bit of escapism. One Man Guy was YA for a similar reason. the rest are what I happen to have. I prepared a little, but our libraries did close rapidly without a lot of notice. All of these were on the lighthearted side except The Way to Bea which was still not too intense. I'm looking for light right now. Stand Up, Yumi Chung! was fun. Finding Mumbo is a cute book written by young people. You may watch a reading of it here

The Coming Week: I'm trying to stick to entertaining and light reading from what I have here at home. 

Reading Challenge Updates: 
#MustReadin2020 - 13/36
#YARC2020 - 20/55

3 comments:

  1. I bought The Way to Bea for my library based on someone's recommendation, probably a Monday blogger, and the online review. It was a while ago, and for some reason I still haven't read it myself. I wish I had brought it home (I packed for a long shutdown from school). I may have to give that one a try. I started with light reading too, but now its Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner (not super light). Thanks for the post, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I could certainly use some romantic escapist right about now. Would you recommend reading the first three books in the series before Royal Holiday, or does it matter? I also have The Way to Bea on my list. I need to go do a quick search to see if any of our local libraries have it. Thank you for the shares and have a great week, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Belles is such a wonderful book; thank you for highlighting it. I look forward to reading Stand Up. It looks like so much fun!

    Be safe and happy reading this week :)

    ReplyDelete