Monday, December 10, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to know more about what I've been reading, visit my Goodreads shelf.

The Past Week on Blogs: 

The Past Week in Books: 
#ClassroomBookaday

These are some of the books we read last week in various classes: Sea Creatures from the Sky, Water Rolls, Water Rises, How to Code a Sandcastle, Hidden Figures, Stop,Go,Yes, No!, and I'm Sad.



Aside from picture books, I read the funny early chapter book Ugly Cat & Pablo and the Missing Brother. I also read the poetry collection Voices in the Air: Poems for Listeners which was great (see review above). The Parker Inheritance was a fantastic multi-layered middle grade mystery. Hey, Kiddo was just as fabulous as I expected it to be. It's raw and real, but not overwhelming.

The Coming Week: I have a book club meeting on Thursday so I need to start reading The Woman in the Window. I also need to get reading the last seven books on my #MustReadin2018 list.

Reading Challenge Updates: 
Goodreads Challenge 2018 - 774/800
Diversity on the Shelf 2018 - 229/300
#MustReadin2018 - 23/30

4 comments:

  1. I loved, LOVED The Parker Inheritance -- such a wonderful combination of history and mystery and action. I have Hey, Kiddo! on hold at the library, so I'm super excited about that one and really appreciate what you said about it, here. By the time it gets to me, I may be the last one in our group of imwayr group to read it. But that doesn't change my excitement!! :) By the way, I couldn't get your link to work through the main #IMWAYR link-up. Thankfully, I always know how to hunt you down!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info about the link. Glad you can find me anyway. :)

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you liked Hey! Kiddo & The Parker Inheritance. I have many of your Rich In Color books to catch up with. There are so many in my list. I've about given up on my #MustRead books. Hoping someday I can do some reading from it, too. I have no excuse, I own most. Thanks, Crystal, for the titles new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Shaye, I found a way to this post. Also, like Shaye, I think I might be the last person to read Hey Kiddo, but I liked what you wrote about it. I have a copy of The Parker Inheritance and I should get to that over the Christmas Break. Hearts Unbroken is another title you have on your blog that I am hoping to buy or find in a library soon. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete