Sunday, September 30, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to know more about what I've been reading, visit my Goodreads shelf.

The Past Week on the Blog:
The Past Week in Books: 
 #Classroombookaday books


 

Kindergarten - The Great and Mighty Nikko! by Xavier Garza & Marta Big & Small by Jen Arena illustrated by Angela Dominguez
First grade - Nine in One Grr Grr! by Blia Xiong illustrated by Nancy Hom
Second grade - Walter the Baker by Eric Carle

Third grade - The Snow Lion by Jim Helmore and Richard Jones

Fourth grade - I am a Story by Dan Yaccarino
Fifth grade - Fairy Spell: How Two Girls Convinced the World That Fairies Are Real by Marc Tyler Nobleman illustrated by Eliza Wheeler

I didn't finish anything else except a pile of 2018 picture books - and I finished watching the drama Mr. Sunshine. If you were watching too, you can imagine my feelings right now.

 
The Coming Week: 

One of the reasons I didn't finish any books is that I am simultaneously reading four of them. Eek! I'm enjoying three of them immensely and keep switching back and forth between them. The other is more work, but it still good. It's just better in small amounts to think about. I will likely finish all of these pictured and a few more. Happy reading!


Reading Challenge Updates: 
Goodreads Challenge 2018 - 505/800
Diversity on the Shelf 2018 - 152/300
#MustReadin2018 - 19/30

5 comments:

  1. I Am a Story is new to me, so I'm adding the tone to my TBR list. I'm also curious about Bruja Born, so I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts. Have a wonderful reading week, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the Trevor Noah book so much recently. I really want to pick it up soon!

    Here's my week in reading: https://bookloaner.wordpress.com/2018/09/30/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-october-1-2018/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Fairy Spell, will try to get to it soon, & I noted the books you're reading! Thanks, Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore I Am a Story! I used to love reading it to classes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read I am a Story to my class today! LOVE this one as a read aloud. We will be referencing it ALL year.

    ReplyDelete