Monday, May 21, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 

It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to know more about what I've been reading, visit my Goodreads shelf.

These are two of the three stacks of 2018 picture books I read on Saturday. I am serving on the Zolotow Award committee again this year so will likely be reading 600+ in the next 7 months. There are sooooo many wonderful picture books being created. It's a lot of fun.



I also read these older titles. Follow Me Around Japan was actually a great travel guide for kids. I think I'll buy a few more from that series. It even had information in it that is useful for my trip to Japan next month. Uncle Andy's is a cute picture book memoir by the nephew of Andy Warhol. I read it as I was getting ready to share Louise and Andie: The Art of Friendship with classes. The Louise and Andie book features many Warhol references and they were way more interesting because the students knew a little about the artist prior to reading it.

The Coming Week: I have started reading Amal Unbound and Meet Cute and will likely read through more 2018 picture books. Have a great week filled with lovely books!

Reading Challenge Updates: 
Goodreads Challenge 2018 - 152/800
Diversity on the Shelf 2018 - 76/300
#MustReadin2018 - 12/30

6 comments:

  1. I started Meet Cute, enjoyed a couple of the stories, but ultimately had a hard time committing so much reading time to it. But I am determined to read a few YA romances this summer, so perhaps it would be a good one to go back to. Looking forward to Amal Unbound. Uncle Andy's sounds like one I would really enjoy. Love PBs about artists, especially stories we might not have heard before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very much looking forward to reading A Seed is the Start. And I hope you enjoy Amal Unbound as much as I did. Have a wonderful reading week, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked A Seed Is The Start very much, such a great book for the classroom & a gardening project. You have read so many for that award, Crystal. Wow! 700 +! I hope you share some of them eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your review of A Seed is the Start--my son and I really like the book, and it is at his school right now since they are talking about plants.

    Amal Unbound was on my "read next" list, but my babysitter took it home because she started it while watching Trent :)

    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amal Unbound is on my next list, too. My neighbor borrowed my copy, and I just might demand it back. I am laughing because I just read Kellee's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the first book in the Kelly Light Louise series - the celebration of art and creativity is just awesome. Not sure whether we have Amal Unbound in our libraries yet, but I do hope to find and read it soonest.

    ReplyDelete